Thurrock's Family Learning team offer a range of free courses for parents/carers and their children to work and learn together and some sessions just for the adults. We can also develop sessions to meet specific demands or themes that would suit you or a local event/issue.
Now available across multiple venues in Thurrock, including hubs/ libraries and children's centers, as well as online. Check availability and book online from our Find A Course page or call us on 01375 372476
Family sessions include:
- Craft Fun: themed around different events / seasons – Easter, Christmas, Summer. Halloween, etc
- Family Fun: K’Nex Challenges, Superheroes, Recycling Art / Junk Art, Cupcake decorating, Science Challenges, Take flight (paper planes)
- Holiday / Summer Fun: By the Sea, In the Country, On Safari, On the Farm, On the Go, on the Beach
- Story Fun: Teddy Bears Picnic, Billy Goats Gruff, Three Little Pigs, The Hungry Caterpillar
- Learning Fun: Number fun for Little Ones, Shape fun for Littles ones, Phonics
Adults only sessions include:
- Paediatric First Awareness
- Aiding you Anxious Child
- Promoting Positive Behaviours (Ages 0 to 11)
- Communicating with your Teen
- ADHD, Autism, Dyslexia Awareness sessions
- Employability sessions – CV Building, Interview Preparation, Managing your time effectively
Family Learning for Schools and Children's Centers
We also offer an outreach programme to schools, Children's Centres and local community groups for the above plus Keeping Up With The Child's English and Maths sessions. Email TACC@Thurrock.gov.uk for a callback for your organisation.
What do our learners say?
"The tutor is an absolute professional. She puts herself in everybody's shoes, be it a mum, a daughter, a working mum, a single mum and helps us see the wider picture. Thanks to her explanation and real-life experience, she lifes our morale, boosts our confidence and much more. She listens, she hears and she welcomes all sorts of ideas whether they are positive or negative (Bibi, SMILE course)"