How to Enrol on a Course
Joining a course at Thurrock Adult Community College
Search Find a Course and click on 'Enrol Now' or 'Enrolment Information' to book a course, assessment or register for a waiting list. We continue to keep our fees as low as possible, thanks to co-funding from the ESFA. Any prices can be found against each course listing, including any fee remissions or reductions available.
You will need to open or login to your account. Previous learners can email us on TACC@Thurrock.gov.uk to reset their password. You will then be enrolled onto either your course or pre-course assessment.
For qualification courses, you will be contacted by our friendly Assessments team (this is to make sure you are on the right course, pay the correct fee, know about any financial support and understand course requirements or discuss any support required) before receiving a course offer.
If you are unable to enrol online, email our Learner Services team on TACC@Thurrock.gov.uk or call 01375 372476 during opening hours who can arrange for you to either enrol over the phone, or book an appointment for you to come onsite, with any relevant paperwork for fee concessions.
10% discount on qualification courses
- Receive a 10% discount for any qualification course (over 32 hours or 16 weeks paid in full)
- Offer applies to course fees only (excludes exam fees)
- Any adult aged 19 and over who wants to achieve their first full 3 qualification may be able to access fully-funded courses for selected courses. More details from this link: www.gov.uk/guidance/national-skills-fund
- Most of our qualification and skills courses are free for learners receiving unemployment benefits and/or earning a low income. Once completing an enrolment form, you may need to provide evidence, if required by the ESFA, for a fully funded place.
- We run a large programme of free essential skills courses including English, maths, employability, digital skills, Family Learning, and personal development courses to build confidence or explore coping strategies for anxious or challenging situations.
- Financial help and support to access and participate adult learning, for those undergoing financial hardship, is available through our Discretionary Learner Support Fund & Loans Bursary for Adult Education Budget (AEB) courses up to Level 2 and for those in receipt of an Advanced Learning Loan (Level 3)
- More information can be found on the Fee remissions page in the Useful Links or by emailing our Learner Services team on TACC@Thurrock.gov.uk.
- Residents receiving some state benefits or on a low income may pay a reduced fee
- If you are applying online, you will need to select the correct option under concession to reduce your fee.
Enrol in person
If you need
- Credit/Debit card
- Instalments with first payment at enrolment (via FuturePay - flexible payment options available, please see cancellation policy to stop payments)
- Advanced Learner Loans, subject to availability
Proof of ID
- If enrolling on a qualification course, you will need to show proof of identity at the start of your learning aim (class) to meet ESFA funding/co-funding rules. Please bring one of the following with you (if you do not have any of the following, we can discuss accepting a combination of other forms of ID to achieve this or let us know if you are returning with a tutor who can already confirm your identity):
- Passport (current and valid)
- Driving licence
- ID card or other form of National Identification (eg. Biometric Residence Permit, Asylum Registration Card, HM Forces ID card)
- National Insurance card
- Certificate of Entitlement to Funding
- Bank/Credit/Debit Card
- Bank/Credit Card Statement (within last 3 months)
- Council Tax Statement (for current year)
- Utility Bill (within last 3 months)
Course full, or already started?
Courses and workshops run throughout the academic year. If your course is full, click through to enrol yourself on the waiting list or call us on 01375 372476.